Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Museum of the Rockies Fieldtrip with Saige

February 25th all the 1st grade classes at Saige's school took a field trip to the Museum of the Rockies. Saige was soooo excited because not only was this a field trip, but it was a field trip with her 2 best friends and they were going to be on the bus together for 1 1/2 hrs ONE WAY!!! So the Mom's of the other 2 girls and I decided it would be fun for us to drive over separately and chaperon the trip, then when it was over we would take them with us and go to lunch and drive home all together. It was a blast on the ride over talking among friends and it was fun on the way back watching our 3 girls talk and have fun in the back together.

Anyhow...here are some pics from the trip....

Saige and Aspynn's FAVORITE frogs were these bright colored ones that just so happen to be the most poisonous animal in the world......
Saige and Aspynn in front of one of the frog displays

They LOVED the old fashioned "cars"

whether they were buggies or actual cars they thought they were pretty cool....

Aspynn LOVED this cannon

This was one of the girls FAVORITE things in the entire museum......it was a pump that just recycled the water to keep pumping as long as there was a kid there to pump the handle.....they thought it was sooooo cool!!!

Saige checking out how it worked....

Saige's class was broken up into a couple groups and this is the group she was in (her 2 friends are in another class so they weren't able to tour the museum together)

This is the beginning of the DINOSAUR part of the museum....the kids were really excited about this part.....

Checking out some fossils
I thought this dinosaur was awesome!!!

On one side it looked like this and on the other side it was just bones....

Aspynn standing in front of the largest assembled T-Rex head in the world!!!!

The kids had soooo much fun at the museum. I am soooo glad I was able to go with them!!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Yearsley said...

I wish I could have gone on the field trip, I love to see museums!! Looks like you had a great time and learned alot!!