Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

The Monday before Mother's Day I realized I needed and wanted to go down to Boise to spend this special day with my Mother. I talked to Jake about just hitching a ride down with his parents and then having someone come and pick me up in Burley, but he thought my Mom would really enjoy having all the kids come down as well. So, we started putting together a plan for my secret trip to Boise. I really wanted this to be a surprise for my Mom so I did my best to keep it a secret.
Friday morning I sent the kids to school for a couple hours while I finished packing and then went and picked them up. It took us just under 8 hours to get there. When we got off the freeway Kari (who knew I was coming) called and asked where I was. I told her I had just gotten off the freeway. She said she would open the garage and then we could sneak in and surprise my Mom. I talked with the kids about being quiet when we got there and then yelling SURPRISE!!! They were soooooo excited!!!
When we pulled in the driveway we hurried and got out and then went in the house quietly (My Mom was on the computer) and walked up behind her and yelled SURPRISE!! She was so excited!!! She jumped up and gave hugs and was so happy. The kids were just gitty about surprising Grandma.
My Mom told us that she had been hoping and wishing all day that we would come down but she just knew we wouldn't because we are already coming down for Memorial Day and her Birthday. She just kept saying the couldn't believe it. I am so happy I decided to go down!!! There was nothing more rewarding and important than her excitement to see us!!!
So....on Mother's Day we went out to Greg's graveside. It was soooo nice!! The cemetery was BEAUTIFUL!!! I find that so funny because cemeteries aren't usually "beautiful", but this one is!!!
Here are some pics!!
The kids were so cute!!! The enjoyed going around looking at and reading all the different headstones. I also have a cousin in the same cemetery who died as a baby and the kids were very interested in the baby area of the cemetery

I love this pic!!! Heather brings the girls up to the cemetery often and the last time they were here they brought these blue flowers and these 3 little pin wheels. I think it is so cute that they left the pin wheels!!! Even better Kiara left a little note for her Dad stuck down with her pin wheel. The faith of these 3 little girls is unbelievable!!! I am proud to call them my nieces!!! They KNOW their Dad is alive and well in Heaven and I think that is pretty big for three 6 year olds!!! Anyhow...Aspynn really appreciated the pin wheels also!! She had a blast blowing on them!

Aspynn made it her personal responsibility to water all the flowers (the funny part is that these ones are FAKE)

Isn't it beautiful and peaceful looking here?!?!? I really liked it!!

My Mom and I vising Greg's graveside on Mother's Day. I don't think I can think of anywhere else in the world I should have been then there!!! I really miss him!!!

My Mom, my kids and I at the cemetery on Mother's Day.

No comments: