Today Jake and the kids have been working VERY hard on building a snow cave again this year. They are determined to sleep in it this winter (I don't have the slightest desire to do this with them). Jake and the kids switched on and off scooping out the insides of the cave and sending the snow out and dumping it and repeating the process. They are all sooooo excited to sleep in the cave tonight. We will see how it goes......
The kids taking care of the snow they have dumped outside the snow cave
Aspynn going in on a sled to retrieve the snow Dad shoveled out of the cave
Aspynn pulling out the snow
Good Job Saige and Aspynn
What strong girls I have!!!
Saige shoveling the excess snow into a pile so it isn't in front of the door
Another load to dump
Kaden going in to take his turn scooping out the excess snow
Jake and Burgee taking a break.....
When the snow hut got boring the kids decided to do some sledding....Kaden was such a good brother....he would push Aspynn to get her going
Burgee loves to chase the sleds
They had a great time!!!
Kaden taking his turn to go sledding
Burgee taking a break from all the running
Isn't my little Aspynn sooooo cute!?!?!?!?!?
Hey there good lookin'!!!!
Aspynn posing for the cameraThen it was FINALLY time to go out to sleep in the snow hut......

The kids got all bundled up in their warm PJ's and their blankets......

Then I took them out one at a time.....(Jake was inside with everything set for them to get into bed)

I sent them in on a sled and then they had to turn over and crawl in the rest of the way

Aspynn's turn.....

Aspynn crawling in.....

If you can't read the thermometer it is 7 degrees outside at 9PM

Saige's turn to get it.....

Saige laying on the sled ready for me to push her in.....
Then I had to tuck my family in Eskimo style.....

They got a candle (that I will blow out before I go to bed.....)

Then they got a blanket for the door.....
GOOD NIGHT KIDDOS........LOVE YOU!!!!











2 comments:
You look so excited to get into bed in your snow fort...sweet dreams...call me in the morning and let me know how it was!! Love you...Grandma!
Can't wait to hear how long the kids lasted in it! We can't believe you guys have enough snow to do that!
Post a Comment