We LOVE the 4th of July....actually.....we LOVE all the weekends that Jake gets to stay home with us for 3 days!!!! Anyhow....we really love the 4th of July because it is BEAUTIFUL weather outside and the fireworks etc....it is always and awesome time!!!! Anyhow....this year....on July 3rd we drove over to Butte for the Butte 4th of July fireworks show....it was a good time!! The sad part about it is the 1 hour drive and the fireworks don't start until 10:30pm so we got home around mid-night.
On the 4th we had made plans with the Millers to go out to the lake and go boating so in the morning we got up and got everything ready and headed over there. Kevin had everything loaded and ready to go so we were just waiting on a few last minute things when we got to talking about the permanent tags they use here and the sticker you have to go in and get every 3 years to show you still live here etc. and so Kevin walked over to show us the sticker and realized...it was EXPIRED!!! This was kind of funny to me because these are the kind of things that happened to me a few times growing up. Anyhow...after some checking into it we realized the consequences for going boating without the free sticker were too high so we decided to make other plans. The kids were all ready in there swimming stuff so we all decided to go to the pool for a little while and then we would go ride dirt bikes/four wheelers up in the mountains.
So....after a little change in plans we all headed off to KFC for some lunch and then off to memorial pool to cool off a bit. The kids had an awesome time swimming (the water seemed a little chilly for the adults, but then once we were wet we didn't want to get out either). Aspynn was really excited because she never gets to go on the lazy river and she finally did because I was in the pool with her.
After the pool, we came home and showered off, changed our clothes and headed back to the Millers house. Poor Kevin had spent his entire day loading and unloading things (first the boat and now all the motorcycles etc. ). Pretty quickly everything was loaded and we were off on our way......we got to where we were headed around 6pm.
First Kimber took our kids on a ride on the little four wheeler
Then we had Kaden try it out himself. I had to laugh at this because he was soooo afraid!!! He wanted to, but had himself totally psyched out. Anyhow....I ended up having to run/walk next to him while he rode around the circle. Funny boy!!!After we played in the parking lot for a bit we took off up the trail. Kevin & Jake rode the motorcycles, Kaitlyn rode the little four-wheeler (what a trooper may I add) Lupi rode Kimber and Saige on a four wheeler and I rode Kaden and Aspynn on a four wheeler. The trail was awesome!!! It is exactly like what my Dad used to take me on years ago and I loved it then and I LOVE it now!!!! It was soooo fun taking my kids on a four wheeler ride hearing them holler out how awesome it was etc.
Here are Saige, Kimber, Kaden and Aspynn taking a break on the way back....
Aspynn LOVED every second of the ride!!!
I think she is ready for her own four wheeler
Kimber and Saige ready to get going......
Kaden, Aspynn and I getting our pic taken
Lupi, Saige and Kimber
Kaitlyn was the MOST amazing rider!!!! She had this little kids four wheeler out there going through huge puddles, big boulder and steep uphills. She was awesome!!! At times she had this thing riding on 2 and 3 wheels at a time!!!! She ROCKS!!!
Jake getting ready to head out on the trail. I think he fell at little too much in love with Kevin's new 500
















1 comment:
Looks like you had lots of fun...it really does look like old times! The kids look like they have "pudding face"!!! I suppose that is the true sign of enjoyment!
Post a Comment