Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Memorial Day In Boise

We always go to Boise for Memorial Day...it's kind of a double bonus because my Mom's B-day is that weekend and then we also get to go over to Greg's graveside and take him flowers etc. I LOVE Memorial Day Weekend.

Anyhow...this year, my Grandpa asked Kaden if he wanted to go with him to hang flags in Veterans Park. Kaden quickly said..."sure" (because that is what he says to everything he wants to do). Then my Grandpa followed up with, "OK, I will be here at 6:30 to pick you up". I didn't think there was any way Kaden would be going because he likes to sleep until at least 7:30 or so. So...my Mom woke Kaden up at 6:15 and ask him if he still wanted to go....he said yes and hurried and got up and got dressed. When I heard he decided to go, I decided to drag my bottom out of bed to go and help and take some pics.

Here are the pics of us putting flags up......


Kaden carrying the flag to the flagpole
Grandma Yearsley and Kaden raising the flag up the pole


Kaden and Bree




This is the finished product....it looked sooooo beautiful!!! After all the work we decided to go to Golden Corral for breakfast. Kaden was soooo excited!!!


Way to go Kaden!!! Honoring our fallen soldiers and those who are still out fighting is a WONDERFUL way to spend 6:30am on Memorial Day. Thanks for getting your old Mom out of bed!!! I love you!!!

VISITING GREG'S GRAVESITE


Everyone helping to set out the flowers


They have to look just right....I mean....HELLO....It's Memorial Day!!!


Greg & Heather's Kids


My kiddos


My Mom and I


I am soooo grateful to a wonderful brother who taught me more than I can even explain. All my life growing up I worked my tail off to protect him, to show off for him, to be his best friend, and I always thought I was being the best sister, but in the end, I realize the example of never ending determination, love, support, and friendship and in the end a better understanding of our Heavenly Father's love for us, the plan of salvation etc. that he set for me was far superior to anything I was ever able to do for him. Greg....thanks for being such an awesome big brother!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Yearsley said...

My how time passes and I have to agree...we often find ourselves thinking things are one way only to find out they are actually another!! Love ya!! Looking forward to July 14th!