Friday, April 17, 2009

Every Kid Loves To Swim....Right???

Well...maybe not. Saige was invited to the Birthday Party of one of the girls in Saige's Primary class at church. Well...we ask her if she wanted to go and explained that it was a swimming party etc. and she said YES!! Well...I took her to the hotel where the party was to be held and I had to convince her to go put her swimming suit on and then when I took her out to the pool area this is what I get.....
TEARS!! And lots of them. I couldn't believe it. I was almost angry. Are you kidding me. I brought you here so you could sit on my lap and cry. I don't think so.....so I finally got her smiling at least.
Then I got her laughing and having a good time. Then I convinced her to go in the pool again. She wasn't too into the big pool so she got in the not too hot, hot tub and she LOVED that.
The girls playing in the hot tub.
They had soooo much fun.
Saige posing on a chair in the lobby while we waited for everyone else to come and have cake and ice cream.
Saige waiting patiently for her cup cake.
YUMMY!!!
She had a great time!! It's always fun to be invited to friends B-Day parties!! The hard part is explaining to the other kids why they can't go. Oh well....that's part of life!!

1 comment:

Anjeanette said...

That is so funny. Saige still has some shyness in her. That is TOTALLY what Ashley use to do. Frustrating sometimes...but you handled it well. Glad she had fun. Nice pic of her in her "daisy dukes" and boots. Don't let her walk the streets that way. LOL....Cute picture of you and Saige..you look good. Love the Easter pics too. Glad your kids had so much fun. My kids will be jealous of the kites...they love them.