Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Day Of School

I can't believe how LONG, but also how SHORT summer is. I couldn't wait for the kids to get back into school, but now that they are back in school I MISS them!! I guess you just can't win. The grass is always greener on the other side. Anyhow....they are soooooo excited!!! Kaden is LOVING his new teacher (which is a HUGE blessing for us, and Saige is loving her teacher and class as well (no surprise there!!). It's nice to see the kids soooo happy at school!! Anyhow....here are some pics of the kids on their first day of school.
Kaden is getting SOOOOO BIG!! I can't believe he is in the 2nd grade!
It is strange to have Saige gone all day. With Kaden we kinda eased into the whole school thing with half day Kindergarten, but here Kindergartners go ALL day. Talk about both a blessing and a curse!!
Kaden is soooooo cute....all he worries about is making sure Saige knows where to be, and how to do everything. She sure appreciates her BIG brother helping her out.


As cute as can be...
Saige and her best friend Kimber just before school starts
Kaden & Saige just before school starts
I took this pic of Kaden in his classroom as quickly as I could so hopefully I wouldn't embarrass Kaden on his first day of school
Saigee looking for her hook to put her backpack on. It was sooooo hard to have her ready to do everything on her own. She was ready for me to leave almost as soon as we got there (talk about Miss Independent).

The kids rode the bus home on their first day of school

Kaden didn't think much of it because he has ridden it 2 years in a row

but Saige thought it was the most AMAZING thing because she didn't have to wear a SEAT BELT!!

Jake came home early from work just to talk to the kids about their day at school. What a good Daddy!!!

No comments: