This morning I got up and went to the gym and then came home and started working on my
couponing stuff for
Aspynn and I to go out shopping today. Well...I didn't get finished until it was almost time to leave for
Aspynn's dance class so we waited a little bit and then took
Aspynn to dance. After dance Jake called and ask if I would meet him at Carpet One to talk to the guy about the Laminate flooring (after taking the Dave Ramsey classes we try really hard not to pay full price for any big purchase). So after dance I loaded
Aspynn up and we headed for the store. When I went in I told the salesman that I thought we would be purchasing the laminate today, but I had a few questions on the price. So....after talking with him for a little bit he said that the $1.97 per square foot that was on the laminate was a great deal and I told him yes it is, but I really want the best deal for me!! So when he continued down that path I ask him if he would talk to the owner to see what he thought. After a little consideration he told me he would call, but that the owner would probably stick by the price he had already put on it. I said OK and gave him my phone number and left. About 8 minutes later my phone rang and it was the sells person and he said they were going to give us the 1.71 per square foot we were asking. I was
soooooooo excited!!! To be honest I was
dancing around in the parking lot. Total that saved us about $70.00 on our new flooring purchase!!
My next stop was
Albertsons. In the ad I saw that
Downey was $1.79 for 41-51oz bottles and I have a $1 off coupon so I HAD to go get some of that. Well...just when I walked in my Aunt called and said that in Boise they had a sign up on the
Downey explaining the confusion and that they would not be honoring the $1.79 for
Downey that it was actually $5.99. Well...I decided to give it a shot with the lady I always do my coupon shopping through (there was no note at my store about the ad being incorrect). Well...not only did they give it to me for the $1.79 but they gave me the first one for free based on their policy about always having accurate pricing. So....I got
13 bottles of
Downey
Out of Pocket for 13 Bottles of
Downey $9.48Total Savings $83.99
After that I had to run to Walgreens for some more deals. I got everything pictured below, plus 2 bags of the cascade (15 tabs each)
Out of Pocket $24.16 + $2.00RRTotal Savings $108.81
Today's Total Savings........
$262.80
Not bad for a Stay At Home Mom
1 comment:
no one is commenting because we are all jealous....especially regarding the Downy. Boise Albertsons didn't honor the coupon. GOOD FOR YOU!!!! You never cease to suprise me!!
Post a Comment