Thursday, April 9, 2009

WE ARE UNDER CONTRACT!!!

So...Jake and I really started looking to buy a house a few weeks ago and found that things around here are a LOT more expensive than anywhere else in the world!!! We thought we wanted something for 250,000 (because that is pretty cheap for this area), but when we really went over the numbers we realized we couldn't do more than 230,000 so our options were really limited (like when we started looking the cheapest house, not the cheapest nice house, but the cheapest house was 268,000 so we knew we were in trouble!!!). So a house came on the market for 229,900 and we were really excited and went and looked at it and made an offer. We were really sad because someone made more than a full price offer (who does that?) so we didn't get it. We were REALLY sad. Neither Jake nor I could stop thinking about that house. Anyway...we prayed and prayed that things would work out the way they were supposed to. Finally another house came on the market for 229,900. It was ALMOST just like the first one, but a little smaller and we felt good about it so we made an offer and prayed and prayed that it would work out the way it was supposed to (leaving Heavenly Father room to not give it to us if it wasn't meant to be) and we GOT IT!!! Now....it's not the NICEST house I have ever lived in, but it is going to be ours and we think it will be just right for us.

So here is a pic of the house. It was built in 1991 so it isn't quite as old as a lot of houses in the area (a lot of the homes here are from the 1970's unless they are the million dollar homes and those are new = ). It is situated on 0.58 acres which is small for the area. Most homes are on over an acre. Now...you would think we would want the extra land but because this is smaller it's ALL FENCED IN WAHOOOO!!! I will know where my kids are!!

This is a pic of the Living Room. The home is a Tri-Level so you walk in to the Living, Dining and Kitchen then you go upstairs to the 3 bedrooms and 2 bath or you go downstairs to the basement where there is a family room, utility room/bathroom, storage room. So even though it is only 1635 sq feet it seems big.

This is the dining room and I HATE THAT IT IS CARPETED!!! We will have to do our best to save up to get that changed. I can't stand carpet in the dining room. I do however, like the doors leading outside (they even put a screen in so you can open the door and not have bugs = )

I really like the kitchen. It's not as big as my last kitchen, but this one is cute. Anj it kinda reminds me of your kitchen. The really cool thing about it is the sink is a dark blue to match the counter tops. I thought that was really cool (Jake isn't too sure). The weird thing is the stove doesn't match any of the other appliances but oh well.

The kids are really excited because the house comes with these two huge dog kennels. They want a dog soooo bad and I think they think this means one will be coming with the house.

This is the back deck. It wraps around the side of the house and is plenty big for having a nice patio set out there. Jake has always wanted a big deck so he should really enjoy this.

Anyhow...I just thought I would share some pics of the house with everyone. We will be closing April 29 and moving in around the 10th of May. What an exciting time for us (more so our kids because they are really starting to miss their things).

4 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you. It looks awesome! And a half acre, that's great! It's going to be so nice to be able to fix up "your" house. Love the deck and the dog kennels. Like your kitchen too, and it already has more cabinet space than mine......lucky! Glad it's all working out...

Montana Wilkins said...

So, are you staying in 3rd ward or not? I assume you are, but you didn't actually mention where the house is. (Although I guess you wouldn't really want to put down an address on a public blog...)
Congratulations! That's very exciting for you guys. Isn't it great to have prayer so that you're not just relying on your own thoughts and feelings? What would we do without that?
I'll have to actually come and visit teach you so I can see the house. Can't wait!

KassiahMyers said...

Whoo hoo! I am glad you guys found a house, that is exciting!! It looks very cute and nice, is it in the Mt city area? I will talk to you soon!

Kim said...

To answer everyone's questions yes, it is in Montana City. We weren't willing to budge on that one. Staying in the ward and the school was a must for us. We think the thought of Kaden going to school where his Dad did is pretty cool.