Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy 10th Anniversary Jake!!!

It all started March 24, 1999; that beautiful sunny day at Grand Targhee. I was taking a snowboarding class and I had every intention of not going boarding that day. I had decided that I needed to study for an Anat/Phys test, but for some reason I convinced myself to go anyway. I don’t believe any of this happened by chance. With all my heart I believe that I was meant to be there on the ski hill that day. Why? Because that is the day that I met Jake.

Then....after dating for about 9 months on December 31, 1999 Jake proposed to me. It was a very cold New Years Eve outside of my house in Boise. It was soooo sweet!! He asked if I would go for a walk with him. We went out and walked and walked and finally I was freezing and said I needed to go back home. He started dragging his feet (I didn't know why then) and walking slower and I was trying to get him to go faster. Then we were finally back at my house and he asked if we could talk outside for a little while. I thought he was CRAZY (but of course I said yes)!!!! Anyhow...after talking for a little while he finally got the courage to ask me to marry him. I was sooooo excited. I burst into my house and we told my family right away. We were sooooo excited!!!

March 18, 2000 Jake and I were married in my home in Boise, ID. It was beautiful!!! My Mom, Grandparents and Aunt all worked soooo hard to give Jake and I the most amazing wedding.


March 20, 2001 Jake and I were sealed for Time and All Eternity in the Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple in American Fork, UT. We were so excited to go to the temple and be sealed together. What a wonderful day this was for us!!!
May 24, 2003 Malad, ID
March 20, 2004 Las Vegas, NV
August 4, 2005 Island Park, ID
March 18, 2005 My Mom's house in Boise, ID
April 16, 2005
May 13, 2005 Idaho City, ID
June 19, 2005 Malad, ID
April 30, 2006 (Aspynn's Blessing Day) Our 1st Home in Meridian, ID
November 4, 2006 at My Mom's House in Boise, ID
July 4, 2007 Boise, ID Fireworks Show
September 25, 2007 Kathryn Albertson Park in Boise, ID
July 19, 2008 Hungry Horse, MT
July 27, 2008 Island Park, ID
January 1, 2009 Jake's Parents House Montana City, MT
February 14, 2009 Salt Lake City Temple (Greg, Heather and Family's Sealing)
February 15, 2009 Salt Lake City, UT
November 23, 2009 Greg's Funeral in Boise, ID
Almost 11 years later I am glad I chose you that day on the ski hill. I am glad that I “stalked” you. I am glad that I said yes when you asked me to marry you. I am glad we both have stuck it out through the good times and the bad. After all these years I still believe that you are the man that I am meant to be with. I am so grateful to you for the sweet way you have treated me throughout our relationship. I hope life just keeps getting better and better for us. I hope we continue to write our “happily ever after” story.
I LOVE YOU JAKE!!
HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY!!!

5 comments:

Grandma Yearsley said...

This is the sweetest thing ever!! What a wonderful memory to have....enjoy your trip tomorrow!! I love you both! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

KassiahMyers said...

Very very sweet! You guys look so young in your first pictures! You are perfect together! We miss you guys, happy anninversary!

Montana Wilkins said...

I love that you posted pictures of the two of you through the years. What a lot of fun you've had! I always love hearing how other people got together. Congratulations on 10 happy, happy years together!

Kyle and Heidi said...

Kim... what a great post! You guys are adorable! You have created a beautiful family. Happy Anniversary! Have fun on your trip!

Heather Yearsley said...

This is AMAZING Kim...touches my heart. How wonderful that you have enjoyed so many things together and on this special day I send the wish that your years to come are as happy, fun, and exiting with each other!