OK...so I know they call these Easter Egg Hunts, but come on, are you kidding, they are sooooo not hunting for eggs, they are running as fast as they can to pick up some of the eggs. Anyhow...we started looking for Egg hunts on Monday, but I didn't see anything, continued looking at the paper online until on Friday when my Mom said I should go and buy the paper to see if there was anything different in there (I told her the paper online was the same as the hard copy, well....I was wrong!!!). Well...there we 2 egg hunts on Saturday, one in Townsend (45 minutes away) the other in Boulder (30 minutes away). Well...I was really wanting to find something in Helena so I wasn't very excited about that so Saturday morning I ran to the store and grabbed another paper and nothing had changed so we started getting ready to go to the Easter Egg "Hunt" in Boulder.
Here are some pics from the Easter Egg "Hunt" in Boulder
Jake, Kaden & Saige waiting for the go ahead to run for eggs. They had the kids separated by age (Preschool kids- K through 1st kids - 2nd through 3rd kids) so Kaden ran to the left and Saige ran to the right
Saige waiting for the run to start!!
This part was a little surprising....they took the kids and walked them down the middle of the field and told the boys they were going to run one way and the girls they were going to run the other way. It was very organized!! They did this so the prize eggs would be found by the correct gender.
READY ~ SET ~ GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The kids just LOVE to run for eggs!
I love this pic of Kaden with his tongue hanging out of his mouth
Kaden really wanted to get one of the big prize eggs (they were giving away bicycles to a boy and a girl in each age group)
Sadly I didn't get to see Aspynn run for eggs because all the kids went at one time. I was sad to miss my baby, but since I had to choose between watching Kaden and Saige or watching just Aspynn. Anyhow...she did great with Aunt Kari's help!! Thanks Kari!!!!Later Saturday night we decided to do a night time Easter Egg Hunt. I have to give credit where credit is due, so we stole this idea from my Sister-in-Law Heather, but my kids were Super excited!!! Jake hid and layed out 42 eggs for the kids to go outside in the pitch dark with their flashlights and find. The eggs were filled with fun things like MONEY, candy, YOU WIN papers that allowed the kids to win a bigger, better prize. Here are some pics.......
Jake (ruining yet another pic with a silly face), Kaden, Saige and Aspynn (holding their flashlights) excited to get the go ahead to go outside and start grabbing eggs
Saige grabbing eggs
Aspynn running for eggs
Kaden running for eggs
It looks like there is some light outside but I can honestly tell you the moon wasn't even out and all the lights outside were off. The only light out there was from the kids flashlights and my camera flash. It was sooooo fun!!!
Grandma Yearsley and Aunt Kari watching the flashlights dart around the backyard looking for eggs.
A very excited Aspynn after all the eggs were found

















2 comments:
I am so glad you tried the flashlight egg hunt!!! Our family thinks it is the best thing EVER!! I wish we could do it together...oh the kids would love that!!! Looks like you had fun!
When did Saige grow up. She looks like she has grown a foot. I can't believe she is the same little girl.
It looks like you guys had a great Easter. We might have to try flashlight egg hunt. It looks like alot of fun.
Post a Comment