Sept 10 ~ While we were at the Farm In The Dell, Jake was up cutting wood for his Dad. There are a ton of slash piles up from his parents house a ways and he went up there to cut about a cord of wood for his Dad. After cutting for a few hours he decided to call me and see if the kids and I would be willing to come and help him load the wood into the back of the truck (all that bending is a LOT OF WORK).
When we got there this is what we found.....
Jake hard at work cutting logs
So we decided to wait patiently for him to tell us what he wanted us to do
So the kids played by the side of the truck for a little while (I remember playing in the dirt like this when I was a kid....I thought it was a lot of fun!!!)
We even brought Burgee to join in
This pic was taken after we had been working for a while loading the wood into the back of the truck. The kids were awesome helpers!!! I was soooo proud of them!!!
I would get up in the back of the truck with one of the kids and then two of them would be on the ground gathering the wood. The ones on the ground would hand the wood to the kid in the truck who would then hand that wood to me (that way I wasn't having to constantly bend over to get it). It worked REALLY well!!!
The kids didn't really complain much (I didn't bring any gloves for them so I think that was the number 1 complaint that I did hear)
I think they even had a little bit of a good time (but they had a better time when we went shooting and motorcycle riding up this same direction a few days earlier)













No comments:
Post a Comment