Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sept 5 ~ Riding & Shooting

Yesterday Jake told the kids that if they finished their chores around the house that they would go and do something fun. He didn't tell them (or me) what that was until later on in the day. After we finished up on all the HAVE TO chores for the day Jake told the kids to go get some clothes on to go riding his motorcycle and shooting the 22. I wasn't toooo excited about the whole thing (Jake is new to riding, I was tired from all the cleaning etc. but couldn't stay home alone) we had somewhere to be at 5 and I just wasn't really up to it. Anyhow....he loaded the truck and got everything ready while the kids came rushing upstairs to ask me what they needed to wear to ride the motorcycle etc.



So we got the kids dressed and ready and headed out toward strawberry.


When we got there Jake asked if I wanted to help the kids shoot the gun while he took them each for a ride. I agreed to do that. Here are some pics.......

Aspynn was the brave one and was the ONLY one willing to step up and go first!!!


She was sooooo excited!!! Jake didn't even have the motorcycle out of the truck before she had her helmet on and ready to go


While Jake was finishing getting ready I took Kaden over and let him start shooting the gun


Jake had a hard time getting it started so I took the kids (and the gun) back to the truck to help him out with Aspynn etc. When he finally got it running I told him to take it for a quick spin to make sure everything was OK


Finally Aspynn was able to get on. She was sooooo excited and a little bit scared


Jake showed her where he wanted her to hold on


And the it was time for them to go....


Then we headed back over for Kaden to keep shooting


After a while Jake and Aspynn came back.....


She was grinning from ear to ear. I could see her smile from quite a ways away. She was tooo cute!!!




Because Kaden was done shooting he was the next to go. He was more scared than excited, but excited nonetheless.


Off they went.......


Kaden didn't look as excited when he returned, but he thought it was a lot of fun


Finally it was Saige's turn

It was soooo cute watching her hang on to her Dad to go for a ride


She too was grinning from ear to ear

I am sooooo happy that Jake wanted to take the kids for a ride


Burgee was excited for Saige to come back


I do have to admit I think Jake is pretty good lookin' in his motocross gear!!!


Then he came to help the girls with shooting the gun. They were both a lot more skittish about it (Saige more than Aspynn) so they wanted to wait for their Dad


So he shot 1 shot off himself first

Jake helping Saige shoot the gun


Trying another angle hoping to help her hit the target



Now it is time to help Aspynn

Saige showing her target (she hit is once)

Kaden showing his target (he hit it 8 out of 10 times and one was dead on the bulls eye)


Good Job Kiddos!!!


And sadly...without realizing it (but it was my fear before we left) we missed at 5pm party we were going to go to and didn't even quite make the kids bedtime. Next time we will have to leave earlier to go play!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Yearsley said...

WOW!!Looks like everyone had lots of fun. Good idea to give the other kids something to do while you wait for the rider to come back. I am sure it makes the time go faster!! What a wild weekend!!!