Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The World Famous San Diego Zoo

After Sea World we went back to our hotel to catch some zzzzzzzz's before going to the WORLD FAMOUS SAN DIEGO ZOO. The kids were sooooooo excited to go to the zoo because we told them they would be able to see almost any kind of animal they wanted to.

Here are some pics of our experience at the San Diego Zoo....

Our family at the San Diego Zoo
Dad, Kaden & Saige waiting to get on the double Decker tour bus

One more with Aspynn in it

After the tour bus our first stop was the reptile area. The kids LOVED all the snakes and wanted their pics taken with them.

Kaden really liked this snake

Sadly, right after he walked away the snake opened his mouth up good and wide for a yawn (I guess). I snapped a pic so he could see later. He was sooooo disappointed!!

After the reptiles we took the gondola ride over the zoo from the front ALL the way to the back. It was a cool ride!! It was neat looking at some of the animals from above. Here is a pic of Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins taking off on their Gondola ride.

Aunt Monica, Jordan, Clayton & Kaden on the Gondola

Mom and Aspynn on the Gondola

Our first stop after the Gondola was the polar bears.

The kids LOVED this bear. He dribbled this basketball the whole time we were there. Kaden thought it was sooooo cool that this polar bear knew how to dribble. We thought it was soooooo funny.

We watched and watched

and watched......

I love this pic because as much as my kids fight with one another they really do love each other and as their Mother I am soooo proud of that!

One thing I didn't realize about the San Diego Zoo was how hilly it was. I couldn't believe it. While we were there we had people tell us that they got season passes so they could come and just walk around on their lunch break for exercise. I couldn't believe it!! Anyhow...here is a pic of poor Kaden pushing Aspynn up one of the hills. He was such a trooper!!

The kids loved all the animal statues

I thought the elephants were really cool. It's amazing how big they get to be!!

Aren't my kiddos sooooo cute!!
Jake loves large cats. So naturally so do my kids!!

Watching the elephants get a foot soak and wash
This is what Kaden was the MOST excited to see. Now if you are wondering why he doesn't look excited AT ALL, it's because I am making him look away so I could take a pic. What a funny boy!! Apparently there is nothing more cool than a Meerkat!!

Kaden loved the watchman Meerkat

Kaden checking the Gator out.
My kids with their cousins. They all had such a great time together.

Aren't my girls sooooo cute!!

I love pics of my 3 kids together. There is nothing better than having all of your kids happy and together!!

The petting zoo was a real hit as well. The kids loved running around petting the goats and sheep.

Aspynn petting one of the goat

I love this pic because it looks like she is just having a little conversation with this goat (and I guess she very well may be having a conversation. Kids can do that ya know!!). Kaden petting a goat

The girls hurrying to pet the lamb before he escaped into the no kids allowed animal break place.

Grandma Jenkins with my kiddos just as we are leaving the zoo.
Now that I am at the end I will tell you my thoughts on the "WORLD FAMOUS ZOO". I wasn't really very impressed. I think it is because I am not "really" a zoo person. I don't want to go to a zoo and stay all day. The other side of it is that after a little while the kids were tired of walking and they couldn't see all the animals very well and so they just wanted to go back to the hotel and swim so we did just that. We left early and took the kids back to Anaheim to our condo and took them swimming. They were thrilled.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I have never been to California. I think that is where I want to go next.