Saige's Kindergarten class recently went on a field trip to Sieben Ranch. I decided to help out so I went also. The "plan" as they stated it, was that we were going to see the new lamb that had been born. I thought....."Saige will LOVE that!!!" so we went. Well....we saw a WHOLE LOT MORE THAN I BARGAINED FOR!!!!
As soon as the kids arrived they ate their lunch. The started outside.....
Then they moved onto the bus because the wind was so cold. This is Saige and her 2 best friends Brooke and Kimber. They are all such good friends!!!
Then we went a looked at the sheep. ALL of these sheep are pregnant!!!
Then something starts to happen RIGHT in front of us.....see that one right in the middle with her head up in the air.....
Yeah.....she delivered her baby right in front of us!!! Saige was soooooo excited!!!
Then she cleaned her baby up. Saige wanted to watch this also....she wanted the whole experience. Then while the mama was cleaning her baby she started to deliver what Saige thought was another baby, I thought it was going to be the placenta......
But Saige was right.....when they deliver their babies first a little sac of water comes out...then the baby.....
So Saige and Brooke continued to just watch and watch.....
They were sooooo excited....it was a LOT more than I expected them to see
Then they went and saw the Mama's and their babies during the bonding process
These are some of the lambs that need a little extra help or their Mom's died and they need to be placed with a new Mom or something else....
The girls checking out some of the Mom's and their babies
Saige feeding one of the babies that needed some extra helpShe thought this was the coolest field trip ever!!!
I thought I got off scott free without explaining the birth because Saige didn't say another thing about it until we got home.....then she asked....."Mom, why did that baby lamb come out of his Mama's bum?!?!?"
Like I said before, MORE THAN I BARGAINED FOR!!!











2 comments:
what a great field trip...learning about life and moms and babies, even bonding....can't believe all the pregnant sheep...there are going to be LOTS of lambs soon! I am glad you were able to go and share the experience with her. Imagine the question without having the context!!!!!
AWESOME feild trip...soooo fun I bet! Wow! with the question..have fun mommy.....lol
Post a Comment