Thursday, April 29, 2010

We're Thankful For Our Boo Boo Bear

Tuesday night I was on the phone when all the sudden I heard this really LOUD bonk. About 1/2 a second after that I heard Aspynn starts screaming. I thought Jake was there with the kids so I didn't worry too much about it, but then I heard the screaming getting closer and closer to me. Aspynn was coming up the stairs. I still don't know exactly what happened, but apparently she and Saige were downstairs, Saige is very sorry and Aspynn hit her head on the corner of the wall really hard.
Anyhow....as I watched the bump and bruise develop right before my eyes we ran her to the kitchen and got out the Boo Boo Bear (it's a cute little bear that has a little ice pack in it so they actually like putting it on the boo boo). I then called my Mom and ask if I should keep Aspynn up for a little while because we were in the process of putting all the kids to bed. She said yes, that she would keep her up for at least 1/2 hour to make sure she was alright. So I got Aspynn some Motrin and let her watch Alvin and the Chipmunks adventure on Youtube until we thought she was alright.
Here are some pics of her Boo Boo

She thought she had to smile since I was taking her picture (isn't she too funny)


OUCH!!!
Poor Baby (BTW...I have no idea what she had been eating, but I did wash her face before I put her to bed)

Our Boo Boo Bear

My poor Aspynn!! Here is a pic with her not worrying about smiling for Mom.

2 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

I can't believe how HUGE that bump is! Poor girl!!! It seems like I'd heard about Boo-Boo Bears before this, but hadn't seen one. Where did you get it? Great idea.
Aspynn's dance outfit is the coolest. I also love how great your kids are at posing for the camera!

Grandma Yearsley said...

Boo Boo bear is such a life saver!! Certainly seems to make the bump feel better...too bad it cant make the bump look better!!