For school Kaden had to do a science experiment. Jake was more excited about this than I was, but we all helped Kaden work on his project. The one he chose was called "The Naked Egg". Basically you put an egg in vinegar for a few days and then you take it out and run a little bit of water over it and scrub with your fingers and the shell comes off, but it leaves the membrane in tact. Kaden really enjoyed doing the project.
Here are some pics....
Kaden pouring the vinegar over the eggs
After the scrubbed the shells off the middle one is what they looked like. Then part 2 of the experiment was learning about osmosis....so you take one egg and put it in water and the other in corn syrup....in the end....water goes into the egg in water because there is more water outside the egg than inside and the egg in corn syrup has water go out because there is more water inside the egg than outside. The egg in water becomes very hard, the egg in corn syrup becomes very gushy (the scientific term). Anyhow....Kaden did an awesome job and we are so proud of him. He loved doing this project!!!










2 comments:
TOTALY AWESOME!!! I am wishing this was posted sooner...or I at least saw it earlier..I totally would copy it!!!! Tristynn has her Science project due tommorrow...we are doing a submarine to show about air and water.....but I really like Kaden's!!!!!!
Kaden, you look like a scientist.. so serious....your experiment looks GROSS!!! Looks like that is the recipe for success??!!
Post a Comment