On Saturday, January 9th we invited some friends to go out sledding with us. We were soooo excited to take the kids out. We knew they would have a blast. We all met around 12:30 and the kids LOVED it!! There was a little jump for them to go off of and they thought that was really cool.
Here are some pics of our sledding trip....
Aspynn didn't want any help for a little while, but finally after pulling that sled up the hill all by herself over and over she ask her Dad to sled with her.
Saige taking off wanting to hit that jump
Going off the jump
Kaden going off the jump
Kaitlyn and McKenzie having fun going off the jump
Saige's friend Brook going off the jump
Now.....this was the last picture I got to take....When I snapped this shot and the shutter was closed so I couldn't see anything Saige ran into my ankles and took me out. Apparently I went face first down and my face smacked into my camera. Now I didn't know any of this happened because apparently when you are taken out at the ankles you fall FAST!!! I stood up and our friend Kyle who is an Orthodontist here in Helena ran down to see if I was Ok. Another thing about falls like this is you bleed A LOT!!! My lip was bleeding like crazy and so was my nose. So Kyle helped me up the hill and then he was going to get me some napkins or something for all the blood and then I was talking to our other friend Kevin who is a Dentist here in town and he ask me how I was doing when I began to stagger a little bit. Then he grabbed on to me because he thought I was going to pass out. Everyone just kept saying that is a lot of blood. They took me to Kyle's SUV and put me in there and reclined my seat to try to help get the blood stopped. After the blood slowed a little bit they checked me out to see if I needed stitches, they decided with how it looked it would be best if I let it heal on it's own. I don't think we could have ask for any better company to go sledding with if I was going to have an injury to the mouth!!! Anyhow....after a while I leaned forward and cleaned most of the dried blood from my face. I had blood everywhere!! It was from my nose, to my chin, in my hair etc. Jake went and got me a bad full of snow to put on my lip (which made it feel a ton better).
The funny thing is Jake really regrets not taking a pic of me all bloody. But I did take my own pic late that night because my family really wants to see what I look like so here it is......
Just so you know at this point the swelling had already gone down quite a bit!!! Snow really helps with that!!!
I have been told repeatedly that this is the worst split lip most people have ever seen....Now what I want to know is where do I go to pick up my reward!!!
I asked my kids if they liked my lip, if it was pretty and they all said no. Darn it. When I went to Church the next day I told some people as a joke that I had just gotten some Botox and it went all wrong. I do have to admit that I was the center of all the jokes on Sunday. I live in such a sweet, caring, sincere ward!! Well...I guess at least I know they like and feel comfortable around me. = ) Gotta keep positive!!!










4 comments:
ha ha ha ha ha ha....ha ha ha ha...sorry, Kim. I can't stop laughing. I feel your pain, but ha ha ha ha
I don't agree with Dan....nor funny....nothing hurts worse than facial injuries...but if you have to have one, I think you look pretty cute with your botox looking lips! Love You!!!
awesome pics Kim! You certainly paid the price though! :) Hope your lip is feeling better... See ya tomorrow...
The sledding looks like it was a lot of fun, but I am sorry about your accident. What are the odds of something like that happening?
I meant to comments on all your other posts recently to, but you were putting them up so fast it was hard to keep up! Your trip must have been so fun and what great memories from it. My kids loved watching your Sea World video and I liked that you let yourself laugh. I've always thought your laugh was so fun to hear!
I also love that you still had the presence of mind to take some pictures at the funerals. They are beautiful shots I'm sure you will cherish. I especially love the one of you and Jake.
Post a Comment