Sunday, April 18, 2010

I want to be bald!!!

Jake has been asking me to cut his hair for days now and it hasn't been able to work out with all that we both have going on. Well...finally today it worked out. So I cut Jake's hair first and then I called Kaden over to get his hair cut. I then ask Jake to grab me a pair of scissors because I use scissors to cut the front of Kaden's hair. So he did. Then Kaden says, "Mom, I want to be bald". I asked him why thinking of all the kids (boys and girls) who went bald yesterday for the cancer awareness/fundraiser. He told me he really wanted to be bald just to see what he looks like. I told him if he really wants to I would cut his hair with a 1. I then tried to convince him to use a 3 on top and 1 or 2 on the sides. He said no. I then shaved just a little bit off the back of his hair with a 1 and then ask him if that was what he wanted. He said, how about a 2 on top and a 1 on the sides. So we did that!! As I was doing it I remembered that a 2 on top and 1 on the sides is my brother's haircut. It's amazing how different a haircut looks on someone with dark hair vs. light light blonde. Anyhow....here are some pics of Kaden with his Uncle Greg haircut!!!
BEFORE

I like the before picture better!!!

AFTER



His hair is SOOOOOOO short!!! He looks soooo different to me!!! He says he wants to keep this haircut FOREVER!!!
What do you think?!?!?!?

5 comments:

Grandma Yearsley said...

WOW....what a difference....but Kaden if you like it then that is what matters...Grandma thinks you are adorable anyway you have your hair!!!

Montana Wilkins said...

At least summer is coming on! It's always a good cut for warmer weather. At least you knew what was happening. I woke up to my boys with buzz cuts one day because Ross had done it the night before while I was gone! :o)
And Kaden is still cute, so that helps.

Anjeanette said...

I think it's cute too. It does make him look older though...... Kinda sad.... That is weird that that's the same cut you use to give Greg. Kaden's looks so much shorter than Greg's ever did. I guess that the difference between dark hair and blondies. :)

KassiahMyers said...

Looks like a great summer do! I shave the boys heads every summer, it just makes it easier, and less hot for them!

YEARSLEY said...

I think any haircut is GREAT if the person wearing it likes it! Trinitee wanted short hair...we let her...now she wants it long again...so no worries mom, if its not your favorite just know it will change! Greg's looked longer cause his hair and head were different colors, Kadens are the same and makes it look almost gone...but I really do like it!! He is a handsome boy no matter what!!!