So the other day at the store Saige was begging me to buy a coconut, so I decided it would be fun for all of us to learn about cracking a coconut open and tasting it before it was sweetened etc. so we decided to get one. Saige begged Jake for 2 days to open that coconut and finally on Saturday night he did it. The kids were soooooo excited. We all came upstairs and Jake poked a hole in the smallest eye and drained the water (it's not milk, I actually learned that coconut milk is when we mix the coconut flesh and water together then you get milk) into a cup he then made everyone take a small sip (it was NASTY). Then we went in the garage for him to hit it with the hammer and break it open so we could taste the flesh. Well....boy were we in for a surprise. Here are the pics.
Waiting for Dad to open the coconut
Even Burgee was excited
The Coconut was MOLDY!!! I couldn't believe it. We had all just tasted this NASTY coconut water and it was all because the coconut was MOLDY!! Lesson here, open the coconut all the way to see if it is good before tasting the water. YUCK!! Needless to say I took it back to Wal-Mart.










4 comments:
Good o'l Walmart.....leave it to them to have moldy produce...lol. That is funny you tasted it. Coconut milk is actually not bad, so hopefully you can all try some from a good coconut.
Not too many people buying coconuts from wal mart I suppose! That is nasty! I wonder how long that one was sitting there......
That is nasty. I hope Walmart was really nice about the whole thing.
Wow, that is really disappointing and gross, huh? Are you going to try one again? It is really good if you get a good one. But I understand if you don't want to eat another one after that. I am sure I would be turned off by it.
Post a Comment